Daniel H Erskine | Mobile Site
Advocating for Companies & Individuals in the US & Abroad. Individuals and companies require advice and representation in a variety of situations.
Legal disputes arise unexpectedly and often at inopportune times.
Assistance of an attorney and solicitor provides clients with pertinent timely information concerning the situation and its effects.
Flexibility and responsiveness to ever changing circumstances are necessary legal traits in today's quick paced world. Utilization of
an attorney and solicitor facilitates navigation through procedural and administrative labyrinths.
Use of this Mobile site and all communications originating from this site are subject to the terms, conditions & disclaimers applicable to this site and viewable by clicking on the following link: Disclaimers
and Cookies Policy
You may view the Main site by clicking on the following link: Main Site
ADVOCACY & ADVICE
Individuals and companies require advice and representation in a variety of situations. From drafting contracts to employment issues to defending against tort claims, a lawyer and solicitor assists clients in effectively resolving disputes and managing liability.
- Whether requiring a zealous advocate in the courtroom or seeking to memorialize important points of agreement, Attorney Erskine advocates for clients in both representation before courts or alternative dispute resolution forums as well as transactional legal matters (such as drafting complex technology licensing contracts).
- Admitted to the practice of law in New York & Connecticut as an attorney as well as England and Wales as a solicitor, Attorney Erskine represents clients in New York, Connecticut, & in various foreign countries.
- Legal disputes arise unexpectedly and often at inopportune times. Assistance of an attorney and solicitor provides clients with pertinent timely information concerning the situation and its effects.
- Communication of vital information by an attorney and solicitor to clients occurs across a broad spectrum of factual scenarios.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to ever changing circumstances are necessary legal traits in today's quick paced world. Utilization of an attorney and solicitor facilitates navigation through procedural and administrative labyrinths.
- Representation permits detachment and logical analysis essential to a matter's determination. Daniel H. Erskine is an Attorney & Solicitor who assists companies and individuals in varous forums, including:
- Civil Litigation;
- Appellate Advocacy;
- Administrative Hearings;
- Early Neutral Evaluation;
- and other related tribunals.
BUSINESS & COMPANIES
The rapid growth of international commercial contract activity permits companies to penetrate foreign markets with greater success; while companies focused on domestic markets may reach customers throughout the country thanks to technology and the internet.
- To maximize market share and continued commercial growth, business owners and company executives should protect themselves through well drafted commercial contracts, license agreements, requests for proposal, bid responses, and trade secret contracts.
- Business contracts cover diverse topics and provide companies with the protection necessary to transact globally or in their home state.
- From simple purchase orders to international distribution agreements, the assistance of a commercial or business attorney permits companies to secure formal agreements governing various substantive business concerns.
- Memorializing executive employees terms of service, incentive plans, competitive restrictions, and equity plans assists businesses secure top executive talent.
- Attorney Erskine drafts and assists companies with:
- Commercial Agreements;
- Bid Documentation;
- Purchase Orders;
- Sale of Goods Agreements;
- Service Contracts;
- Employment Contracts;
- Subsidiary Formation;
- Contract Review and Markup;
- Shareholder Agreements;
- Internal Corporate Policies and Procedures;
- and other related business matters.
Protecting companies proprietary software and data through licenses, services, and master framework agreements (to list a few) is within the skills set of a commercial business attorney and solicitor.
- Whether your business requires cloud computing contracts for companies, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, BaaS, or similar deployment models, a commercial lawyer and solicitor may help.
- Establishing a distribution network for business technology involves securing agreements between your resellers, marketing agents, equipment suppliers, and logistics companies.
- Commercializing a company's software, programs, know-how, and similar items occurs through effective licensing and contract measures. Attorney Erskine assists businesses in drafting agreements and licenses in high technology matters, including:
- Software as a Service;
- Infrastructure as a Service;
- Platform as a Service;
- Traditional Software Licensing;
- Cyber Security;
- Data Protection;
- Development Agreements;
- Data Licenses;
- Know-How Licenses;
- Marketing Contracts;
- Distribution Agreements;
- Service Partner Contracts;
- and other related high technology matters.
Daniel H. Erskine, a New York and Connecticut admitted attorney and solicitor of the Senior Courts England and Wales, represents U.S. individuals, companies, joint ventures, foreign businesses, and foreign nationals on complex legal matters under US and UK law concerning general corporate matters, sale of goods and services transactions, executive and general employment matters for public and private companies, general service contracts for highly skilled personnel and craft labor workers, contract bid processes, union labor activities, and subcontractor arrangements (including special employment and employee leasing arrangements). Generally, Mr. Erskine represents US individuals, business, joint ventures, foreign business, SME (small and medium-sized enterprises),and foreign nationals.
He drafts and assists companies with:
- Business & Industry
- Agency & Distributorship
- Business Formation
- Business Law
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Shareholders Agreements
- Internet Law
- Software Licensing
- Trade Secrets
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Business Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Litigation
- Science & Technology
- Computer & Software
- Data Protection
- Information Technology
Daniel H. Erskine is a lawyer and solicitor who advises on legal matters concerning:
- commercial business transactions;
- commercial law;
- corporate law;
- contract law;
- corporate, limited liability company (LLC), partnership, and joint venture formation;
- civil and appellate litigation;
- alternative dispute resolution (negotiation, arbitration, mediation, early neutral evaluation, Med-Arb, mini-trial);
- software transactions law;
- and high technology law (data processing, cloud computing, data storage, digital media).
Generally, Attorney Erskine represents:
- Unites States individuals;
- United States resident companies;
- United States business enterprises;
- United States joint ventures;
- International joint ventures;
- English private limited companies;
- English individuals;
- United Kingdom resident companies;
- foreign businesses;
- and foreign nationals.
Daniel H. Erskine completed a judicial clerkship in Washington, D.C. and holds an LL.M. in International and Comparative Law.
His thesis entitled, Reforming Federal Personal Injury Litigation by Incorporation of the Procedural Innovations of Scotland and Ireland: An Analysis and Proposal, 15 CARDOZO J. INT'L & COMP. L. 1 (2007) (lead article), presented a new method for litigating personal injury cases in United States federal courts. In addition, Mr. Erskine's independent research project titled The United States-EC Dispute Over Customs Matters: Trade Facilitation, Customs Unions, and the Meaning of WTO Obligations, 18 FLA. J. INT'L. L. 423 (2006) (lead article) focusing on the dispute between the United States and the European Union over European customs rules and regulations
was published in the Florida Journal of International Law.
Mr. Erskine also holds a J.D. and served as the Content Editor of the Journal of High Technology Law
for the 2002-2003 publication cycle. His student note entitled Satellite Digital Audio Radio Searching for Novel Theories of Action, 1 J. HIGH TECH. L. 135 (2002) was selected for publication in the Journal by his peers. He also earned the Harold Goodwin, Jr. Legal Advocacy Scholarship and Best Advocate Award.
Granted advanced standing and advanced placement, Mr. Erskine earned a B.A. with a double-major in political science and philosophy in three years.
He also competed as a member of Men's Foil Squad on the school's Division I Varsity Fencing Team.
Mr. Erskine delivered papers at both international and domestic academic conferences. His law review articles on various subjects addressing domestic, comparative, and international law were published by nationally known academic journals. His opinion pieces appeared in The National Law Journal. Mr. Erskine also appeared on national television (FOX NEWS) as a commentator in his role as an international attorney on a number of occasions.
EXPLORE THIS SITE
Visit the various pages on this site to learn more about the services of Daniel H. Erskine, an attorney and solicitor who holds a Master of Laws (or LL.M.) in International & Comparative Law, handles business transactions, software contracts, litigates civil actions, and argues appeals. Review this website to learn about the legal training, published works, and focuses of Attorney Erskine, a lawyer licensed in New York, Connecticut, England, and Wales with offices in Mount Vernon, New York (Westchester County) and New Haven, Connecticut (New Haven County).
ATTORNEY ADVERTISING ADVERTISING MATERIAL
© Copyright Daniel H Erskine 2017-2018 All rights reserved.